Dyeing your hair a different color is a great way to get the look and feel of a total makeover without really doing too much. If you’re looking for a new color to sport for the holidays and to ring in the new year with, why not go brown?
Brown is such an underrated hair color. It can be classy and it can be fun -- it all depends on the shade of brown you get and the way you style it. In 2022, it looks like we’re going to be seeing a lot more brown on our favorite celebrities and icons! Going brunette is going to be a big trend for the coming year and, if you want in on it, we have some suggestions for you.
Here are 5 gorgeous shades of brown to ring in the new year.
- Brown hair with highlights - this one’s a classic that you can never go wrong with. Any shade of brown, whether dark and rich or light and ashy, instantly becomes a hundred times more beautiful with highlights. Whatever shade of brown you choose, make sure to choose another shade that’s around 2 shades lighter so it pops, but not so much that it ends up looking like stripes. Does this mean you can’t do brown hair with blonde highlights? No. You can still go for a brown base and blonde highlights as long as you go for either a lighter shade of brown or a darker shade of blonde.
- Ash brown - the ash brown hair color is one of the trendiest hair colors for this year and the coming year. This lighter shade of brown can lend a more sophisticated look to anyone. It looks great on all skin tones, too, so if you’re not sure what shade of brown would go well with your skin tone or if you just don’t want to go through the hassle of color matching your hair and your skin, go for ash brown.
- Chocolate brown - dark, rich, velvety chocolate brown hair is a good color to go for if you want something that’s strikingly sexy and chic. You can always lighten it up with chestnut brown if you feel like chocolate is too dark for you. Get balayage hair done with these two colors for a hair look that’s perfect for any season.
- Caramel - looking for a playful shade of brown that’ll reflect your fun personality? Go for a caramel hair color with highlights. Caramel with blonde is perfect for the new year because it’s nice and vibrant. Though it’s light, the brown undertones from the caramel hair color can add a nice warmth that’ll balance out the look.
- Honey brown - another shade of brown that looks good all year round is honey brown. Layer it with lighter shades of brown during the warmer months or give it a darker layer during the winter. Honey brown hair is often characterized as a hair color with a brown base and hints of gold.
Being brunette is fun. In terms of hair care, it’s definitely easier to care for brown hair than blonde. Ready to change up your look but don’t know where to get brown hair dye that looks great and lasts long? Head on over to Hairsense and choose from a wide variety of products that’ll give you the brown hair of your dreams!