5 Ways to Get Rid Of Unwanted Facial Hair
Facial hair removal used to be a “guy’s thing.” Recently, though, more and more women have also started doing this. Surprisingly, facial hair removal for women has shown positive results. When done right, this process can give you silky smooth skin that looks great bare and with makeup on.
Aside from getting smooth and silky skin, hair removal can also prevent the growth of ingrown hairs. Those nasty little bumps are unsightly and quite painful so preventing them from happening is a great move.
As mentioned earlier, you’re going to need to do this right if you want to avoid getting an infection. There are plenty of ways to remove unwanted hair from your face. Let’s check them out so you can decide which one would be the perfect method for you.
- Shaving - the fastest, cheapest, and easiest way to get rid of unwanted hair anywhere, shaving works incredibly well for getting rid of unruly eyebrows at home. If you’re handy and know your way around a razor, you could even use it to get rid of peach fuzz on your face. Just be careful not to nick yourself, though. You don’t want scars on your face, do you?
- Waxing - if you’re not a fan of waxing (on other areas like the bikini line or the legs) because of the pain, facial hair removal via waxing might restore your faith in the process. Waxing facial hair off is gentler and less painful. It’s a great way to get rid of stray eyebrow strands to keep them in shape.
- Plucking - this one has got to be the most time-consuming way to get rid of hair on your face but it’s also one of the least invasive and one of the most effective ways to get those pesky strands from growing back too quickly. Plucking is mainly used to pick out eyebrow hair but it’s quite effective for ingrown hair removal, too. All you need to do this is a pair of tweezers and a lot of patience. Don’t have the latter? You can leave that to the pros instead!
- Depilatory creams - if you’re looking for a surefire painless way to get rid of facial hair, you need to check out facial depilatory creams. These work quickly at dissolving hair on the skin’s surface so it’s perfect if you’re someone who’s always on the go with barely any time for facial hair removal.
- Dermaplaning - peach fuzz is subtle but it can mess with your makeup look so it’s best to get rid of it. The best way to get the job done? Dermaplaning, of course! While this facial hair removal method looks easy, it’s best left to the pros.