7 Reasons Why You Need To Use Conditioner After You Shampoo
Shampoo and conditioner -- now that’s an iconic combo. It almost seems like you can’t get one without the other, right? These two things go together like peanut butter and jelly which is why it’s almost shocking to find out that there are some people out there who don’t use these items together, especially conditioner. Using conditioner after you shower is important. Here’s why.
- Detangling - conditioners contain moisturizing agents that help make your hair smoother and easier to detangle. If you have curly hair, it’s especially important to use conditioner for this reason.
- Protection - your hair gets exposed to tons of elements that can damage it every day and using a conditioner can minimize the damage inflicted by those elements by creating a protective barrier all around the hair scalp.
- Hair repair - another benefit of using conditioner after washing your hair with shampoo is that it helps with hair repair. As mentioned earlier, your hair gets exposed to tons of harmful elements every day. Most conditioners these days contain ingredients like oils, proteins, and vitamins that can help make hair stronger and repair it.
- Anti-frizz - you wouldn’t want to go around town walking with frizzy hair, right? It’s just never a good look. Thankfully, all you need is a single thing to add to your haircare routine to protect your hair from frizz: conditioner. Conditioning your hair after you shampoo can help prevent frizz. If you’re prone to this hair issue, try using a conditioner regularly.
- Moisture - the key to having good hair that feels soft and looks shiny is making sure that it’s always hydrated and well-moisturized. No, that doesn’t mean keeping it wet all day. It simply means using a good shampoo and conditioner combo with ingredients that help add moisture back to your hair and your scalp by restoring natural oils that have been stripped off by your shampoo. You can try using a leave-in conditioner if you’re trying to go after this benefit, too.
- Color enhancement - got colored hair? One way to protect it and make it last longer is to use a conditioner after you wash your hair. Make sure you’re getting the kind of conditioner that’s meant to be used on color-treated hair to get full benefits.
- Healthy hair growth - using a hair conditioner promotes healthy hair growth. If you’ve been struggling with growing your hair, you’re going to want to add using a conditioner to your hair care routine. This is because using a conditioner after washing your hair improves hair elasticity, making it less prone to breakage and making hair easier to grow.
It may seem like using conditioner after you shampoo is a luxury instead of a necessity but it’s definitely not. Adding this single step to your hair care routine can change your hair game drastically. Don’t know which conditioner to get? Check out Hairsense’s wide selection of shampoo and conditioner options.