How To Choose A Conditioner For Curly Hair
Having curly hair is difficult, especially when it comes to building a hair care routine. Despite the fact that there are thousands of choices for hair care products in stores and online, there’s no denying that most of these are made for straight, normal hair, and finding one for curly hair can be challenging.
Because curly, textured hair tends to be drier than most hair types, one hair product that you should never be without is conditioner. The right one can help keep your curls healthy and in great shape. If you still haven’t found “The One” for you, check out these tips on what to look for when choosing a conditioner for curly hair.
- Choose according to hair texture - just because a specific conditioner worked on someone with curly hair doesn’t mean it will work for you, too. Curly hair varies in texture. The more textured your hair is, the more hydrating and moisturizing your conditioner needs to be. If you haven’t already, try learning more about your hair type first (or discovering what your hair type is) before deciding which conditioner to try next. When it comes to curls, just remember that the tighter your curls are, the drier they tend to be so choose your conditioner wisely with that in mind.
- Identify what your hair needs - here’s the thing: not all curly hair gals want to keep their hair curly. Some like to straighten theirs, too, and there are conditioners that can help with that. If you’re looking to reduce the number of times you wash your hair (yes, this can be healthy for your hair!), you can look into using a deep conditioner or a leave-in conditioner for longer-lasting results.
- Check the ingredients - one of the most crucial things you need to do, especially as a curly hair woman choosing hair products, is to read the label off of the products you’re planning on integrating to your routine. Some ingredients work wonders for curly hair such as shea butter, olive oil, and wheatgerm oil while other ingredients like alcohol, silicone, and sulfate can harm it.
- Accompanying products - some conditioners come from a full line of hair care products for curly hair. If you stumble upon these, feel free to try out the whole line along with your conditioner. You might be able to find the best shampoo and conditioner combo from said line. Better yet, you might even find your new holy grail for all things curly hair related!
- Get the most bang for your buck - one more thing you need to check when buying conditioner for your curly locks is the price. Because hair care products tailor-made for curly hair are pretty challenging to find, most of the ones you’ll see in stores will be priced a bit higher than those made for regular/straight hair. Compare prices, quantities, quality, and other factors to make sure you’re getting the best bang for your buck. If everything at the store is placed at around the same price point, you might want to move your search online. You can always shop at Hairsense.ca which carries curly hair products that are also loved and trusted by professionals worldwide at very competitive prices!