Shampoos and Conditioners
Have you ever wondered what the differences are between men and women shampoos and conditioners?
You would think that men’s shampoo, conditioner, and even other bath products are stronger in formulation compared to women’s shampoo and conditioner which are perceived to be soft, gentle, and subtle.
Other than that, what else makes them different? Read on to find out.
If you’ve ever gone shopping for shampoo and hair conditioner for men, you know just how different the scent vary for these products from those of women’s. While most women’s hair and shampoo scents are often either fruity or floral in nature, guys have more of a woody, fresh and, sometimes, aquatic scent.
For some people, it’s what’s in their shampoo and conditioner that matters most. Do you know what’s in your shampoo and what ingredients make men’s and women’s products different from each other? Here are some of the most commonly found ingredients in men’s shampoo that you might not often find in women’s.
- Salicylic acid - salicylic acid is an ingredient that’s often added to shampoo and conditioner to help prevent dandruff. You’ll often find it in mint-scented shampoos and conditioners as those scents are often the ones used for anti-dandruff hair products.
- Aminomethyl Propanol - this ingredient is what helps to adjust your scalp’s pH levels which is important in keeping your scalp healthy.
- Glycol Distearate - since guys don’t like to use a lot of products on their hair when washing it, it’s nice that most men’s shampoos have Glycol Distearate which is a skin conditioner that keeps the scalp from drying.
- Polysilicone-8 - this is another great ingredient to look for in men’s shampoo since it’s a conditioning ingredient. Having this ingredient in your shampoo means you can skip out on the conditioner.
Of course, the main purpose of shampoo, whether it be for men or women, is to help clean and refresh the scalp and the hair. However, if you’re looking for the best hair shampoo for men, wouldn’t it be better to go for something that’ll give you the best value for money like a multi-purpose shampoo?
- Shampoo and conditioner - this has to be one of the most common and most popular combinations for men’s bath products. For guys who are always on the go, having a product that acts as a shampoo and conditioner in one is a great way to save time.
- Hair and body shampoo - guys are hairy all over so it only makes sense that they have a hair and body shampoo like the Goldwell DualSenses Men Hair & Body Shampoo. This product can be used as a shampoo and body wash which isn’t only a great way to save time but an amazing way to get the most out of every penny you spend, too.
- Hair and beard shampoo - now, this combo is something you won’t ever see for women’s shampoo. This combination is a great way to make sure beards don’t get neglected. Looking for a good hair and beard shampoo to try? Check out the Barberstation Hair and Beard Shampoo!