Tips For Getting Salon-Quality Curls
One of the most versatile styling tools that can help you get gorgeous and salon-quality hair is the hot brush. Hot brushes are great for creating a variety of hairstyles and looks, whether it be something straight and simple, glam and voluminous, or even something with a bit more body and texture like waves or loose curls. Here are some tips for getting those gorgeous locks with a hot brush at home:
- Choose the right hot brush - there are plenty of factors to consider when choosing the right hot brush for your needs. Choosing the right hot brush is like choosing the right kind of hair brush to use. It’s crucial if you want to get the most out of your tool.
- Hair prep is a must - before you start styling, you need to get your hair ready first. Wash it and dry it until it’s about 80% to 90% dry. Get rid of the tangles with a detangling brush to ensure a smooth drying and styling process. Apply any serum or hair oil that you usually use with your hair care routine and don’t forget the heat-protectant spray as well! Prepping your hair before using heat from a hot brush will help minimize damage. It’ll help make your hair look much better and shinier, too.
- Style from root to tip - many people make the mistake of starting to brush through their hair from the bottom going up but doing this just exposes your hair to more heat. For a more efficient drying and styling session, use your hot brush from root to tip instead while pulling down in a straight motion and remembering not to linger in one spot for too long.
- Do it in sections - don’t just aimlessly start brushing your hair. Part your hair into 4 to 6 sections, depending on how long and how thick it is, and start hot brushing one section at a time.
- Flip your hair upside down - for added volume, flip your hair upside down and then do a single pass with your hot brush before flipping it back up. Finish off with a light mist of your favorite hairspray to keep the volume on all day.
- Wait for it to cool - planning on styling your hair after hot brushing? Wait until it cools down to reduce the risk of your hair frizzing back up. Use a soft-bristled brush or a boar bristle brush for best results.
Using a hot brush is a great way to dry and style your hair with minimum effort. If you’re looking for a new tool to add to your collection or if you’re looking to upgrade your everyday hairbrush, consider getting a hotbrush from Hairsense here.