Over the years, we’ve seen just how creative people can be when it comes to thinking up new ways to go dark for winter. It’s an unspoken tradition for lots of women (and men) all over the world to sport light hair in the summer and dark hair in winter. Gone are the days, though, when that meant going blonde for summer and brunette/black in winter. These days, people are getting more creative and hair color trends are becoming more and more interesting. Here are a few that you wouldn’t want to miss this winter.
- Blended Blonde Highlights - stunning yet super easy to maintain, adding blended blonde highlights to your hair is a great way to add depth and dimension for an illusion of fuller and thicker hair. In the winter, it’s best to do this with a dark base, though you can also do a light base with dark blonde highlights instead.
- Silver Ombre - no list of winter hair color ideas is complete without at least one silver color inspo on it. This year, expect to see tons of silver ombre on your favorite beauty icons with most sporting a black to silver ombre and others a cooler purple to silver ombre look.
- Toasted Blonde - don’t care much for going too dark? If black and brunette aren’t options you would consider and you’d prefer to stay blonde for winter, try going with something warmer and richer like Toasted Blonde. This warm-toned dark blonde hair color is perfect for all skin tones, too, so don’t worry about not being able to pull it off
- Chocolate Almond - say goodbye to boring chocolate brown and hello to chocolate almond, the perfect brunette hair color for the season! If you’re thinking of sporting a dark hue for winter, make sure to give this a shot. A dark base with notes of caramel and gold will surely make your tresses look as delicious as the desert this look is named after!
- Dirty Brunette - this season’s take on bronde is darker, warmer, and sexier. Dirty brunette is the perfect way to add warmth to your look for winter. This low-effort, low-maintenance brunette balayage color is perfect for ladies who don’t have a lot of time to keep up on root growth since it’ll totally blend right in.
- Midnight Blue - who would’ve thought blue would make a gorgeous hair color? Blue hair can look sophisticated and chic, you just need to pick the right shade of blue and, this winter, midnight blue is all the rage. This icy shade of blue, especially when done with icy silver or platinum lowlights, can give you a unique look that’ll definitely set you apart from the crowd.
Ready to choose your perfect winter hair color? Check out Hairsense’s vast collection of colors from all the top brands here and start your journey to the perfect winter hair look.